Thursday, November 6, 2008

This & That

I had my first class with Danny Gregory this week. No drawing or journaling yet. Just an introduction. His approach to art really resonated with me. He spoke about the way we all draw as children...without judgement, without caring what the drawing looked like, and only drawing for oneself. For him, journaling is a gift you give yourself. A record of one's journey through life. He stressed the importance of developing a habit of drawing as an adult as a way to see the world in a different way. As a way to stay in the present moment. Beginning next week we will be drawing as a group in class and on our own for at least a few minutes everyday in between. I am eager to begin the process, having not sat down to sketch in many, many, many years. I did find this old drawing of mine, the only one I seem to have kept, and am posting it as a way to fully commit to this new venture.

______________________

I recently completed an ATC trade with Debra Tennison from n2theblue. The first 2 pictures below are the ATCs Debra sent to me and the last 2 are the ones I made and sent to her. Click to enlarge.





______________________

Thanks go out to Spot at Ink Haven for passing the I Love Your Blog award on to me. Spot writes the most imaginative, lyrical, and poetic prose on her blog. Her words always inspire such vivid images. Much appreciation!

No comments:

Post a Comment