Thursday, March 5, 2009

Contexture


2009 is turning into the year of the collaboration. In addition to several collabs that I began in 2008, I have started quite a few more in the first three months of this new year. One project that has recently begun is a collaboration with Bridgette Guerzon Mills and Jen Worden. We each created our own individual handmade book structure and chose our own theme. My chosen theme is Contexture. We will each be working in all three books multiple times over the course of the next year. Here are images of my cover and the pages that I have completed in my own book to start this project off. Click pictures to enlarge.

CONTEXTURE:
1. The act of weaving or assembling parts into a whole.
2. An arrangement of interconnected parts; a structure.
3. Interconnecting text and texture.

Book Cover
Details


Inside Front Cover
Detail
Sign In Page
Detail - and no...that is not me!
Back Cover
Detail
Book Pages - not yet altered

No comments:

Post a Comment