Friday, June 3, 2011

A Podcast is Born



'What...you want me to talk about myself...for an hour???' That was my first thought when the amazingly wonderful Rice Freeman-Zachery asked me to do a podcast with her. Of course I didn't tell her that. I just said yes. Now that I have completed the interview, I am surprised at just how much she got out of me. And if you decide to listen, I promise after the first five minutes I stop most of the 'umming' 

If you press play, you will learn more about: the origin of my blog, my collaborative projects, my day job, why there are not more men in the mixed media community, how I initially became an artist, my foray into mail art, my passion for bookmaking, making travel journals, my upcoming book, living in New York City, my studio space, free must-see art happenings to see when visiting NYC, how to deal with the intimidation factor of art galleries, why making art expressively for publication is not always a great idea, my leap into Facebook and (soon) Twitter, why I haven't taught a workshop yet, where I see myself in 5 years, and my role in the upcoming Exquisite Corpse Festival in NYC.

You can hear the entire podcast on Rice's blog, Notes from the Voodoo Lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment