Saturday, April 17, 2010

It is All About The Package

This picture of a tray of silver charms is the reason I come to Paris every April.

It reminds me to think twice about everything I am working on at home.
Here in this shop window were dozens of lovely things which would compel anyone to walk inside. But it was the tray that held me outside...and the sneaky photo I needed to take so you would see it too.
These simple charms with a Paris theme are easy to find in any jewelery supply store.
But here, it is the packaging that makes them so elegant. Tied with ribbon to a lovely pillow. Placed in boxes printed with some text. And how about that tag! The price is now over the top....but the keepsake factor is all there. Lovely. It was all I could do not to buy one....I have a hundred of those Eiffel towers already in my charm stash.

Well friends. I should be on a plane flying home today. Who knew a volcano would help me to spend more time in the greatest city on earth. We are here indefinitely now. So as long as I have WIFI I'll continue to put up my links and images. The bead bloggers were busy this week. Enjoy!

A Bead A Day
Give (inexpensive) beads a chance! Oh, the variety you can find at the craft store!

About.com Jewelry Making
Where do you create your jewelry and other crafts? Show, tell, and look at some great craft spaced created by other designers.

Art Bead Scene
Art beads don't have to be round, they can be toggles too!

Barbe Saint John
Putting out the call for Steampunk art!

Beading Arts
Cyndi has just finished up a floral necklace that features fabric!

Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi is photographing the jeweled decolletage on paintings in Paris again!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Cindy's personal history finds its way into her work.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Melanie mixes shell pearls from Rings and Things with metallic hardware motifs to create a softer industial look

Katie's Beading Blog
Share your ideas about beading trends and be entered to win a copy of Jean Campbell's new book, Steampunk Style Jewelry.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Dig out your button collection, because wonderful Keepsake jewelry can be made from it, and Lorelei shows some examples!

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!
Join the fun and become a fan of the lovely jewelry design magazine, Australian Beading Magazine!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew teams up with Cathy Collison of Glass Garden Beads for this week's Thursday Giveaway. You could win a set of three hip bottle-cap beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment