Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Resin Painted Papers

The pendants on these cards could be worn on a necklace. I chose to put them on an art card so that I could include them in my One of A Kind booth this Christmas. I love to create gift cards that are truly one of a kind.

The pendants started out as a long overdue experiment. I have been wanting to coat some paper in resin for a while. It makes most paper very translucent and I had these wire shapes in my stash just waiting for me to do something with them.

I attached the wet resin papers to the wire and then added some extra images and tiny glass beads.
When everything was dry I added this extra embellishment. I could have done this while the resin was wet but at the time I wasn't sure how it would all turn out. I couldn't risk losing one of these tiny cute ladybugs from Paris.

The pendants are unique. I like the painted resin effect and I am definitely going to make a few more card sets with these embellishment idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment