Saturday, June 26, 2010

Studio Saturday with Humblebeads

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

This weeks winner is Steufel! Congratulations!

You have won a Miss Fickle Media's Message From the Skies necklace!

Please send Shannon an email with your address so she can ship this package out to you.


Before Bead & Button I did a series on my blog called 23 Days of Inspiration where I shared the story behind some of my favorite beads.  I mentioned at the time I was working on a new collection of beads inspired by Gustav Klimt's paintings of Birch Trees.  He visited the theme of birch trees in several different paintings, but the one pictured here is my favorite. 

So my first beads in this series were literally a little birch tree trunk.  I love faux bois (fake wood) patterns and this one worked out exactly as I had pictured in my mind. You know how hard that can be sometimes!
Another version of the birch tree trunk.

Disk beads in the color palette and pattern of Gustav's painting.

These 6-hole spacers were adapted from a few older canes that were on my table and I just happened to notice that they fit perfectly with the painting when paired together.  (Canes are the long tubes of clay, layered into patterns & designs, that are sliced off into paper thin selections and applied to the base bead.)
These bezel pendants were made with the same pattern, on the back side is an etched brass bezel.  Love them!
Here is peek of a necklace I created with one of the little tree trunks!  You can see a few more photos of jewelry using my new beads later today on my blog.

Okay, so now we need the million dollar question - What season is your muse?  I have to say mine is mostly fall with summer a close second. 

One comment will be randomly drawn next Saturday to win this set of teal birch disk beads.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment