Saturday, June 19, 2010

Studio Saturday with Shannon LeVart

 Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

 This weeks winner is Creativeflutter! Congratulations!
You have won a gorgeous compilation of  ceramic pendants from the always generous Lorelei.
 Please send Lorelei an email with your address so she can ship this package out to you.

 This week we visit Shannon LeVart of missficklemedia.com in one of her studio niches.


 Hello Art Bead Scene Friends! I am very excited to finally show off some jewelry that I made from etched metal sheets I created months ago.
 I was so gung-ho to added images to copper, brass and nickel sheet metal, but then once I did etch them, they sat unused. Until a few weeks ago. I was finally moved (what was it that gave me the kick in the pants?) to cut them up, hammer the edges, drill the hanging holes and tumble them for strength.

 Once I did manage to cut into them, it was just a matter of moving my hands like metal detectors over my piles of findings, seeing what contrasted in color or texture. The text and script etched into the metal seemed to hold secret messages and I thought about things that could not speak but still had stories to tell.
 And there........ a new collection was born.

A Message From The Birds

A Message From The Leaves 

A Message From The Heart

 A Message From Our Homes

It took about 11 hours to assemble all the right components, but time flew by. When I was randomly stamping images onto the metal I had no idea that the end result would be this themed collection. This is a little different then my normal modus operandi of planning, researching, sketching, purchasing, purchasing more just to be safe, creating, stalling, frenzied creating, and finally finishing.
 I liked it.

So Dear Readers, I ask of you; do you plan your creations? Or do you fly by the seat of your pants?
Please let me know in comments and your name will be entered to win this necklace;

A Message From The Skies

Thank you for letting me share my new collection with you and for sharing with me your own method of creating.
Much Love & Respect,
Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment