Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Book Review -- Metalworking 101 for Beaders

Today my son and I took a trip to hunt down the book "Metalworking 101 for Beaders" by Candie Cooper. Yes, I know, I could have ordered it from Amazon.com, and I'm sure I would have been happy with it since it has a Five Star rating, but I'm the sort that likes to hold a book and flip all the pages and really experience it before buying. (Anyone else like that?)

The book covers basis metalworking techniques, such as transferring a design to metal, sawing, and texturing (my particular favorite method for giving metal a unique look). It also covers doming, soldering, and fusing.

Not all of the projects require that you know how to do every single technique. Some projects are as simple as making unique ear wires, while some are as intricate as making a unique bee-and-blossom toggle. It's the sort of book that you can grow with, and I highly recommend it for those that feel it's time to take the next step in their jewelry-making career.

And guess what? Among other talented bead artists, ABS's own Cindy Gimbrone's and Heather Powers' beads are featured in the book!

So what are you waiting for? Go grab "Metalworking 101 for Beaders" now!


Lori Anderson designs jewelry at Lori Anderson Designs and blogs at Pretty ThingsAn Artist's Year Off. She lives in Maryland.
Bonus: We have a copy of Metalworking 101 for Beaders to giveaway!  Leave a comment and one random winner will be drawn on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment