Saturday, August 14, 2010

Studio Saturday with Humblebeads

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

This week's winner is Lucid Moon Studio. Congratulations!

You have won a set of lampwork beads by Kelleysbeads. Send Lorelei an e-mail with your address and she will get it right out to you!

Hmm, my studio for the last few weeks has been a beach.  I'm actually taking a much needed vacation and enjoying recharging my batteries.

Favorite ways to renew my creative state:

1. Go to the beach
2. Spend time with loved ones
3. Eat delicious homemade meals with said loved ones
3. Laugh, laugh, laugh
4. Guilt-free naps!
5. Sketching
6. Trying something new - it's watercolor right now
7. Visit visually beautiful places
8. See art shows or visit handcrafted markets
9. Read
10. Enjoy nature

What's next:

When I head back to the studio on Tuesday I'm going to take a day to reflect.

1. What's working?
2. What am I enjoying about my business?
3. What's not working?
4. How can I streamline my product line?
5.  What direction do I want to go with for new products for the fall and 2011?
6. What can I delegate and where I can use an extra set of hands?

So now for the question of the week: how do you recharge your creative batteries?  Leave a comment and one random winner will receive a set of starfish charms - shown above in those earrings.  Looking forward to reading your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment