Saturday, September 18, 2010

Studio Saturday with Shannon LeVart

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
This weeks winner is commenter number 13; Barbara! Congratulations! 
You have won 2 Puzzle Piece Buttons from Tari Sasser's studio of Creative Impressions in Clay.
Please forward an email to Tari with your address so she can send these buttons out to you.
 
This weeks Studio Saturday is Shannon LeVart of missficklemedia.com. Who is presently not in a studio creating but rather elbow deep in correcting dangling participles.
 
 What an intense week this has been with the launching of the Color Drenched Metal tutorial. I have been attempting to bring this file to completion for some time now and its delay has been overcome with the help of friends and family.


  In spite of the fact that I am NOT a professional writer, the tutorials I offer are tangible items that I am proud of. Overcoming a lack of funds and a lack of time to pull together organized, thoroughly researched and personally tested files is feat that I pat myself on the back for. I know by the hundreds of emails I receive that I have helped many a jewelry designer achieve personal goals of adding new skills to their repertoire. Sharing what has given me thrilling moments of discovery in my own work is a driving force that I cannot ignore.

    But darn it if it isn't one of the most difficult things to get a handle on!
 
 - Researching the topic can take months; is someone already offering this? Is this useful, practical information? What kind of buyer will be interested? 
 - Purchasing the necessary supplies to complete the stepped out instructions is expensive. From beginning to end, every tiny detail needs to be accounted for, logged and linked for buyer availability.
 - Photographs need to be focused, well lit, chronologically listed, and edited.
 - Text needs to be clear, grammatically correct and laid out in an easy to read manner.
 - Proof reading by an editor, testing by honest people who will tell you what to fix and re-working it until the tutorial flows is a final process that takes weeks to complete. 


 But complete it is! Ready for consumption so to speak! Aaaaaaaand I have a free copy for a randomly drawn winner next Saturday! 
 
 However, in order to qualify for next weeks drawing, you must leave a comment with an answer to this question;
What obstacle is in YOUR way of seeing a project to completion? 
 
 Heath issues in my family is a big obstacle of mine. I am constantly torn between caring for sick ones and soldiering on through business projects. It can make a good mama feel guilty and a good business woman feel neglectful.  But I did something different this time, I asked for help! I received it in abundance and went forward in my goal. And the reward is all that much sweeter sharing it with loved ones who took the time to assist me.

Thank you for sharing your time with us here at Art Bead Scene and for participating in comments!
Much Love & Respect,
Shannon
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment