Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aprons For ScrapFest

I thought it might be a good idea to wear some of the Dove of The East paper I am selling in my booth this week at ScrapFest.

I found some iron on vinyl at my local fabric store. I have never use iron on vinyl before this project, but I will now that I have played with the paper. Iron on vinyl turns fabric into waterproof material.

The paper became very stiff! I couldn't decide if I would wear the whole apron or if I would wear it as a half size version. I knew at this point that if I put the vinyl covered paper any hirer on the apron that I would not be able to bend.....

Sewing all that paper to the apron bottom was a challenge. Since it was so stiff I had to roll the apron in order to get to each edge.

I made two aprons....red and black. I thought I might just pull out a few embellishments......

Now we have aprons that show off some of the papers! The addition of a button or two will complete the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment