Saturday, October 2, 2010

Studio Saturday with Heather

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

This weeks winner is commenter My Life Under the Bus! Congratulations!!

You have won a lampwork glass button from Kelley's Beads compliments of Lorelei Eurto. (P.S. check out Kelley's awesome new lampwork headpins!)

Please forward an email to Lorelei with your email address so she can send your bead to you!

Welcome to the Humblebeads Studio this morning.  So while I've been busy making beads and filling orders I have been brainstorming new bead ideas.  You see, my little nutty muse shows up whenever I have a massive deadline.  I think it's a form of procrastination, so I try to reign her in with the sketchbook when time won't allow a beadmaking tangent! 
 
I'm not doing a holiday market this year so I'm determined to make up the sales through my Etsy shop and I have been following along with Etsy's Holiday Bootcamp. (Week 1 & 2, in case you want to join along.) 
 
This year I will have a line of jewelry, ornaments and holiday beads. You can see some of the bead designs in the sketchbook page above.  I'm loving the dove, elf, snowflake pendant and toggle and the little evergreen pendants.  I like holiday things that could cover a range of holidays and have a life through the winter season.  Even the elf is earthy enough he could just be an gnome wearing a green shirt - you know, changin' it up for the day. 
 
Would you like to follow along with the Etsy Holiday Bootcamp here on the ABS?  I will blog about tips and ideas each Thursday relating to that week's assignment.   And you can leave a comment sharing your progress and support each other.  What do you think? 

So my question for you this week: 
Are you starting to think about the holidays? 
If you'd like to join me for the bootcamp let me know in the comments here too.
 
One random winner will receive one of my new dove beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment