Friday, February 4, 2011

Links in the Chain

I have been spending a lot of time on the new site CreateMixedMedia this past week, exploring all it has to offer. Much of my time has focused on the video and text tutorials. It is like taking a series of workshops without leaving home. Here are a few of my favorites...



Josie Cirincione has a great PDF tutorial on how to create a new 'old' book. One of my favorite aspects of her lesson is the use of such nontraditional materials as gaffer tape and gasket material. Any excuse to head to the hardware store is a good one!

Annie Lockhart shares some great tips for attaching objects in your mixed-media pieces with wire in this PDF tutorial.

Michael deMeng shares some quick 'solutions' for making anything rusty and blackened in this PDF tutorial.


While you are looking around the site, you can read some Q & A on my newly posted artist profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment