Monday, February 2, 2009

Construction Zone

I have just begun a collaboration with Julie from The Land of Lost Luggage and Lynne from Heart and Life. We are each building our own graffiti wall. Over the course of the next few months, we will each create collaged and altered paper which we will then mail to each other and use as building materials. Click on the above links to see Julie and Lynne's posts about this project.

My wall will be built on a 3' x 3' stretched canvas, the biggest size I have ever worked with by far! Here is a glimpse of the foundation I built before the wall goes up. It wont look anything like this when completed.


Lynne sent me these great paper pieces and there was even a torn part of one of her signature faces which I might just have to keep intact!



Julie sent me a 31" x 21" piece of paper that she had worked on but hadn't yet torn. I almost feel guilty tearing it up...but those are the rules. Click here to see an amazing video that Julie made about this project and her papers. And below are some close-ups of her beautiful work.





All three of us will be posting about our progress during construction. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment