Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jeweled Tree Mystery

This amazing flower is blooming on a tree my Dad planted many years ago.
This is the first time in ten years that the tree has burst into colour.
It is a truly amazing site. I have never seen such a bloom and although my Dad insists the tree is called "the President" I can't find a single link on line to verify it.
Do you know what tree this is? This tree is blooming in Toronto but it looks like it belongs on a tropical island.
We took many photos of it so that my Dad will have a record of this year's showing. He believes. that it may die now that it has shown off it's amazing flowers.

Here is one branch. The leaves curl in at night. I would really like to know what this tree is so if you have any horticulturalists in your circle maybe we can solve this mystery together!


No comments:

Post a Comment