Saturday, September 4, 2010

Studio Saturday with Jennifer Jangles

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner. Congratulations Maneki, you won one of Cindy's Beads.

Happy Saturday! I just returned from CREATE. It was a mixed media conference put together by Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. When I heard about it in the spring I sign up immediately. I love mixed media and it was a good chance to dedicate some time to trying something new.

I find that when I am in the studio, I end up working on things that needs to be done, like orders, blogging, cleaning. It's hard for me to set aside time to play. Once I do actually set aside time, I feel overwhelmed with the choices of materials and ideas that I have. It's hard to focus. That's exactly why I needed time to play with a select group of materials and a plan. Ah, don't you just love classes?
It was everything I had hoped for the week. I tried all sorts of new techniques and made lots of super cool projects. I have so many ideas now for new projects.

This leads me to the question of the week. Did you try anything new this summer? Leave me a comment and you could win one of my pendants.

Have a great last weekend of summer!
Jennifer Jangles

No comments:

Post a Comment