Saturday, March 19, 2011

Double Dip


As an artist I of course love to make art. But I also absolutely love art from other artists as well and every so often I give in to that temptation. This year I have splurged. I took the plunge and double dipped. These two babies now belong to me!


Timanfaya #3

This beautiful piece was made by Rebecca Crowell and actually includes volcanic sand from the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa. Rebecca is an artist I have been following for several years. I have been waiting for just the right painting to purchase and it was finally born in January 2010. Be sure to stop by Rebecca's blog as she has written a fascinating post about the joy of knowing where your artwork ends up after you send it out into the world.


Jerusalem

This wonderful artwork was made by John Borrero. I had originally met John at the One of the Kind Show, which I had posted about here. John creates the most amazing mixed media sculptures but has recently opened up an Etsy shop which showcases his small paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment