Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Book Guild - Chapter 16


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Secret Sunday was the first project and the links to all the secrets can be found on the sidebar of my blog. The Book Guild is the second project and Chapter 16 starts right now!


All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to name their favorite art books. The Book Guild will present this list, along with links, book reviews, giveaways, and interviews with many of your favorite authors. And as members of The Guild, I am hoping YOU will participate by leaving comments related to the books in each post - for example thoughts, book reviews, personal experiences, or a link back to your own blog posts that include artwork based on a project in the listed book.
_______________

Chapter 16: Angela Cartwright

Mixed Emulsions: Altered Art Techniques for Photographic Imagery


Becky New selected Angela Cartwright's Mixed Emulsions: Altered Art Techniques for Photographic Imagery as one of her favorites.

Angela shared the following thoughts about her book...

When I was asked to write my book "Mixed Emulsions" about my altered photographic techniques, it really opened my eyes. I realized just how much photography and art was integrated in my life and how embedded it was in my heart. I also realized how miserable I would be if I could not make my art. In my journey to be artistically authentic to myself I have discovered... you have to feel free to listen and to learn, to experiment, and to fail... to be patient with the process and be willing to not second guess yourself when your soul comes calling.... I call that being unruly... and that was at the very core of this book...take from it what you will...and run....

Angela also shared two of her favorite books...

Cyclops by Albert Watson

Cyclops

Unwrapped by Carolyn Quartermaine


You can visit Angela at her website or her blog
_______________

GIVEAWAY


Along with sharing her thoughts, Angela has also shared a copy of her book Mixed Emulsions for a giveaway. To participate, please leave a comment on this post. Comments will close next Saturday July 31. The winner will be announced Sunday August 1 as part of the next post for The Book Guild. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment