Saturday, September 18, 2010

StudioScapes: Chapter 2


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first two projects, Secret Sunday and The Book Guild, can be found on the sidebar of my blog.


StudioScapes is the third project and Chapter 2 starts right now! All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to submit a photograph of a favorite art-related vignette from their home or studio.
_______________



For years and years, I did all my artwork while sitting on the floor. I felt it gave me the greatest freedom of movement. Then a couple of years ago I acquired this small table and chair. And wasn't sure if I'd really use it. But I am! (of course, I cleaned it off to take the photo...)
_______________


_______________



My attachment shows my kitchen that I use as my art room right now - it always looks like it had just been bombed ...
_______________


_______________



This is a shot of my sewing machine...which is covered in ink and paint because I leave it out at all times, and it's just a few inches away from where I work. But, I don't mind. I love this old thing!
_______________




A pic from the more organized end of my studio....
_______________



These three paintings (12” x 12”) hang on the wall just inside my kitchen. The top painting starts at about 12 feet from the ground. I have paintings in little groupings like this everywhere in my home.

_______________



The photo is of my 'workspace' in my studio. Well... half of it. The other is just as big and just as filled. The window is a North window. I like a mix of natural light and artificial for color choices, so I spend most of my time at this desk.
_______________


_______________



I made this arrangement recently on a cabinet in my studio. I've needed to tune-in to the strength and wisdom of the Divine Feminine, and this grouping of several dolls I've made and Madonna figures I've collected along with roses and candles, reminds me where the light in my life needs to be and where it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment