Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Where Can I Buy Asbestos?

I was looking through some clip art images and came across this page. I think these were the illustrations and the actual instructions must have been on another page. I thought there were some really cute ideas and this is definitely a good example of how to recycle old boxes and other packaging.
The simple tree card really caught my eye.
But on closer inspection I noticed that I need asbestos to complete one project. When I read "asbestos" I thought of all the health issues associated with asbestos in homes. But then I remembered that asbestos is also a fire retardant, so I think the sample above is for a cute little pot holder. I can't imagine a time when people might have had easy access to asbestos to complete a craft project.

No comments:

Post a Comment