Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Felt and Beads Over The Top Necklace



This necklace is so sparkly that I had a really hard time taking a picture of it.
I think the camera didn't know where to focus!



It began with this small one piece of ribbon.
I bought it in Paris and I have no idea if it is European or North American. I have never seen anything like it.



I attached a small portion to felt and then hand beaded an additional 40-50 small seed beads to hold it in place. Each bead took me almost an hour, so over the last week, in the evenings with TV, I had these fabulous beads piling up on my tray to enjoy.



Joining them into one choker was my goal.



In between each bead is a circular glass bead you can't really see. This is what is keeping the beads from bumping into each other.



I am trying to figure out where I can wear this! For now, I love having it on in the studio where I am dressed in a t-shirt and an old pair of jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment