Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reverse Gardening - Studio Saturday with Cindy Gimbrone

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Last week's winner is Lissc ! Congratulations! You have won a set of Lynn's openwork disks. Send an email to Lynn and she will get them right out to you.


Welcome to the Studio of Cindy Gimbrone!



Well, the seeds I planted last Winter are bearing fruit this summer. Yup, I've done some "reverse gardening" but not with plants, with the Double Dips, turning them into published easy jewelry projects. I planted two "seeds" at almost the same time.



I love to create simple, easy wire projects. My goal is to take the obvious and put a unique twist on it. I make the flamework glass Double Dip components and then set about designing a unique way to use them.

I submitted the project to Step by Step this past winter. I planted the seed. It's hard to keep a new project under wraps while it's germinating at the magazine. But like the plant that grows and blooms, it puts the published project has grown and bloomed. It's now happily nestled among the other projects like flowers in a garden. Ready for the readers to pick and enjoy.

Have you done any reverse gardening this past year? Did you plant the seeds earlier and now you're seeing your creation bloom?

Comment and share your story, I'd love to hear from you! When you do share, you'll be entered to win one of my Double Dips to use in your very own ring!

(Photo of the August issue of Step by Step Wire courtesy of Interweave's website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment